Organizing the thousands of albums on my computer in iTunes sometimes takes careful work. I was just on the phone for several hours with Apple trying to figure out why I couldn't update the metadata on select iTunes albums, and finally found the solution so I thought I'd publish it in case anyone else might benefit. The Problem I want to modify the album title on something in my iTunes library. When I right-click the album and click "Get Info," either the album is grayed out, or when I edit the album title, the changes don't hold.
The Solution What ended up working for me was this:
- Open iTunes Media folder in Finder.
- Right-click "Music" and select "Get Info."
- Unlock the lock at the bottom-right (you will need to enter the admin password).
- Make sure you can read and write.
- Click the little settings icon at the bottom and select "Apply to enclosed items."
- Wait for the change to take place.
This worked for me! Good luck, iTunes metadaters.